We are glad that you have found us and pray God’s blessings upon you and your faith journey!
Ocean Park Lutheran Church is a safe place to explore your spirituality, grow in faith, express your gifts, and make friends. We look forward to growing with you!
As members of Ocean Park Lutheran Church, we promise to be a witness to Jesus Christ by sharing the love of God and Christian faith in our community.
We know love by this, that Christ laid down his life for us – and we ought to lay down our lives for one another. How does God’s love abide in anyone who has the world’s goods and sees a brother or sister in need and yet refuses help? Little children, let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.~1 John 3:16-18
Grace – God loves us unreservedly and undeservedly. We don’t have to earn it.
Faith – We trust God. We believe God and we believe in God. We trust what God has done in Jesus and is doing by the Spirit to bring us and all creation to dwell with God forever in peace and wholeness.
Word – We believe Jesus is the Living Word and Scripture is God’s Word of Life. God wants us to be partners in creating the future God intends. We do this by loving and serving God and by loving and serving others. Because of God’s grace we are free to take risks and start again when we make mistakes. We are all God’s beloved children!
Core Values & Goals
In response to experiencing God’s transforming love in our lives, the people of Ocean Park Lutheran Church are committed to:
- inviting all to participate in learning and living the gospel
- sharing God’s love and concern for all people
- actively living our faith by serving alongside those most in need
We provide many opportunities for people to live out these commitments, including:
- actively participating in God’s ministry by exploring your spiritual gifts, participating in the work of various ministry teams, praying for and visiting those in need, leading worship by reading scripture, singing in choir, playing with the Jam Session, and more
- participating in activities that build relationships with God and others, such as Bible Study, quarterly Community Fun Nights, monthly Grace Tables, The Gathering, the Golf Group, Women of the ELCA, and more
- outreaching to and serving alongside those in need through Community Table, quilting, Prayer Shawl Ministry, Peninsula FISH, Peninsula Poverty Response, supporting the Mel Vick Fund, and more