Budget & Finance
The Budget & Finance Ministry Team is committed to leading Ocean Park Lutheran Church toward financial health and good stewardship of the many gifts God gives this faith community. To this end, the team seeks to track the church’s financial records throughout the year, regularly apprise the congregation of the church’s financial situation, develop a responsible budget committed to both transformational ministry and realistic expectations of giving, and conduct an annual audit to ensure sound financial management of the church’s funds.
All members of the congregation who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please contact the church office or the Budget & Finance Team Chair, Dave Kingsbury
Building & Grounds
The Building & Grounds Ministry Team is committed to maintaining the church buildings and grounds in a manner that benefits the congregation and community. The team is made up of volunteers who have skills that include carpentry, electrical, plumbing, planning, estimating, and landscaping. Our responsibilities are multi-facetted, including the following tasks:
- providing for the care and maintenance of the congregation’s buildings, grounds, equipment, and furnishings
- determining needed emergency repairs and long-term improvements and making recommendations to the Church Council and Budget and Finance Team as needed
- maintaining the security of the buildings
- developing policies and procedures for the use of buildings and grounds by groups outside of the congregation
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please contact the church office or Russ Jones
Evangelism & Fellowship
Ocean Park Lutheran Church is a faith community that chooses not to make a sharp distinction between the community inside and outside of the church walls. Instead, we hear the Holy Spirit’s call to share the love of God revealed through Christ Jesus with all people. The ELF Ministry Team is committed to providing tools for creating opportunities for relationship building, and inviting people to come and experience a deeper relationship with God and a faith community.
Due to the nature of this team, our activities are extremely diverse and include some regular activities that encourage Evangelism (invitation) and Fellowship (community building).
we are committed to sharing the gospel with those new to this faith community and perhaps even to a life of discipleship by:
- encouraging the congregation to intentionally invite people to come and join us
- sharing the news about our upcoming activities with the Peninsula community
- welcoming those who join us with warmth, a gift of bread, and a thank you card
- providing opportunities for people to explore how they can participate in the life and ministry of the congregation
we are committed to nurturing healthy relationships between people in the community by:
- supporting the work of the Reception Committee, Coffee Hosts, and Birthday Sunday Hosts
- arranging for special meals of the congregation including Advent and Lenten midweek meals, Shrove Tuesday, Easter Brunch, etc.
- working with other teams to plan for the annual Church Picnic
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please contact the church office or the Evangelism & Fellowship Rob Lindberg
The learning team is committed to providing tools for spiritual growth designed to deepen the relationship with God and a faith community.
- Bible Study
- Book Study Classes
- Sunday School
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please contact the church office or the Learning Team Chair Sandy Hansen
The Social Concerns Ministry Team is committed to identifying community, national and world needs and developing programs to raise awareness and address those concerns. The team works within the congregation to develop programs that meet community needs and partners with other churches and organizations to promote education and service. Our responsibilities cover a wide range of activities, including:
- providing opportunities throughout the year for people to learn about issues and support ministries effecting people living in poverty, including ministries like ELCA World Hunger, Bread for the World, ELCA Malaria Campaign, etc.
- coordinating hot meals for members of the congregation who have had surgery or health emergencies
- coordinating a Fair Trade Fair during the Christmas Bazaar to support local artisans throughout the world
- supporting Community Table that prepares hot meals, serves people who eat in the church building, and delivers to people in their homes on Mondays from 11:30am-12:30pm
- supporting Peninsula FISH by donating food, housing the food, and filling and delivering boxes of food for those in need
- encouraging the congregation to participate in the Peninsula Wide Beach Cleanups held throughout the year
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please join us for our monthly meetings on the 2nd Monday of the month at 5 pm or contact the church office or the Social Concerns Team Chair, Bill McDonald. Please check the calendar to learn about any change to the meeting time for the month.
The Stewardship Ministry Team fosters our stewardship of finances, time, talents and care for God’s creation. The year-round Stewardship Team provides opportunities for discernment, learning and personal participation in faith development, and stewardship of God’s gifts. The team also coordinates a Church Shower that occurs two times per year to help support the church’s needs for office, cleaning and kitchen supplies.
2013 activities will include:
- sponsoring the Season of Creation (April 21-May 12)
- a Bible study for Stewardship Team members to deepen our knowledge of what the Bible says about stewardship
- a spiritual gifts survey and workshop for congregation members
- a stewardship campaign in early fall
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please join us for our monthly meetings on the 2nd Monday of the month at 5:30pm or contact the church office or the Stewardship Team Chair. Please check the calendar to learn about any change to the meeting time for the month.
Worship & Music
The Worship & Music Ministry Team is committed to planning and implementing inspirational worship involving congregation members in leadership roles. This team consults with the Pastor and music staff to prepare for Sunday morning services and special services, including weddings, funerals and Wednesday night Advent and Lenten services.
All who are interested in using your gifts in support of this team’s mission, please join us for our monthly meetings on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 4pm or contact the church office or the Worship & Music Team Chair, Carol Payton. Please check the calendar to learn about any change to the meeting time for the month.
Worship Leader Job Descriptions
- Altar Guild
- Assisting Ministers
- Communion Assistants
- Coffee Hosts